24-Hour Crisis Hotline: 570-296-HELP (4357)
Please apply at Indeed.com (click to follow link) or send cover letter & resume to email@example.com
Empowerment & Outreach Victim Advocate
- Milford, PA 18337
The Empowerment & Outreach Advocate may be required to perform, assist with, or arrange for any or all of the following duties:
· Provide confidential, trauma-informed, victim-sensitive, client-driven direct services to adult and child victims/survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, and other serious crimes and their significant others at both agency and off-site locations including but not limited to:
o Crisis Response;
o Safety Planning;
o Empowerment Counseling (individual and group);
o Individual Advocacy;
o Emergency Housing Assistance;
o Transportation Assistance;
o Relocation Assistance;
o Victims Compensation Assistance;
o Information & Referral;
o Supportive Services;
o Legal Accompaniment;
o Medical Accompaniment;
o Protection from Abuse, Sexual Violence Protection, and Protection from Intimidation Orders
o Other essential services to meet victims’ physical, emotional, and psychological needs after a crime.
- Serve as a community change agent for victims of crimes and abuse throughout Pike County, including but not limited to:
o Systems Advocacy;
o Outreach and Community Awareness Activities;
o Prevention Education Activities (not a VOCA eligible service);
- Provide after-hours coverage for Safe Haven’s 24-hour emergency hotline, as scheduled.
- Document services provided as required by Safe Haven policies and/or funder requirements.
· Must be 18 years of age or older
· Bachelor’s degree in education, psychology, social work, or a human services-related field, with licensure/certification and experience in victim services and/or work with children preferred;
· Completion of Safe Haven’s Advocate training within three months of hire, or appropriate documentation of completion of its equivalent at another agency, as approved by Safe Haven’s coalition funders, as well as the PDAA Victim Services Foundational Academy;
· Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation;
· FBI, Pennsylvania Act 33/Act 34 Criminal and Child Abuse Clearances;
· Ability to work independently and with supervision; and
· Non-judgmental, victim-friendly attitude toward survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, and other serious crimes.